Basically, the guy has several stats about how adults almost always consider themselves tired, and hence should take power naps all day. Example data points included:
- The average adult sleeps under 7 hours a night during a work week.
- 40% of adults admit that the quality of their work suffers when they're sleepy.
- 19% report making mistakes and errors due to sleepiness.
- Sleepy drivers cause approximately 100,000 car crashes annually.
- 33% of adults surveyed would nap at work, if allowed.
"New York's New Craze: The first daytime sleeping salon in the U.S. Located on the 24th floor of New York City's Empire State Building, MetroNaps hopes to provide a quiet sanctuary where rundown corporate drones can recharge. MetroNaps has become a haven for the stressed cubicle dweller. For $14 a pop, the budding enterprise offers 20-minute naps that guarantee to leave the customer feeling rested."Does anyone else find this really strange? I can maybe understand a massage or Yoga or something related, but paying $42/hour for a sleep cubicle? If someone actually goes to this or knows someone who does -- PLEASE let me know.