I've gotten a lot of random traffic (from Google) on my post of my top 20 TV Shows from the past 5 years. Some people even left comments that because I like shows like How I Met Your Mother - I must be an idiot ...(which I've erased).. To each their own ....
As it's a common conversations with friends - For those that haven't watched much TV this season - I thought I'd list my top 5 TV "Must Try" Comedies from this season. Quality comedies are rare these days - so I have a top 5 rather than a top 10 or top 20.
Again - this is my personal opinion. I don't watch "The Office" or other type of uncomfortable-humor type-shows. I definitely have an affinity towards NYC-30 somethings plot-lines (go figure). No other factors are taken into account.
Top Five Comedies (2009/2010 season)
1. Modern Family - Seriously - if you don't watch this show and have time to watch TV - get on it right away! There is not a single character (of the 12+) that are bad. If there is anything you take away from this post - it's start watching Modern Family!
2. 30 Rock - Yes, it gets tons of awards for it's writing and acting - and it should. It gets at least 2 belly laughs from me each episode.
3. How I Met Your Mother - Definitely it's worst of it's 5 (I think) seasons - but I'm so invested - and have such a deep understanding of the characters - that I still giggle at most of the jokes.
4. Rules of Engagement - Seriously - Puddy (Patrick Warburton) is one of the funnies characters on TV. David Spade is even somewhat bearable.
5. Entourage - Not sure this counts as "this season" - but I guess I don't watch enough comedies. While some think this show has fallen off - I'm definitely sad the 22 minutes are over after every episode.